This refresh bowl is satisfying without being a heavy meal. It is light but because it is so nutrient dense, you will feel full for a long period of time.
I especially love making this bowl after a workout as refuel, or around lunchtime because it keeps me full until dinner.
This green bowl incorporates some of my favourite super foods: avocado, edamame & spinach. I integrated peaches into this bowl because a) I adore peaches and 2) peaches remind me of warm weather (something I am in dire need of right now!).
I hope you enjoy & feel refreshed afterwards.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
Apple cider vinegar
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. In a medium pot, add quinoa and water. Follow the 2:1 liquid to quinoa ratio. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a medium/low and allow the quinoa to sit until the water is absorbed. It should take about 15-20 minutes.
2. Prepare chicken/tofu based on your preference.
3. Cut up peaches and avocado.
6. Prepare the dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and raw honey. Add pink salt and pepper based on your preference.
7. Assemble the bowl: Add a layer of quinoa on the bottom to create the base. Add spinach and arugula on top of the quinoa to create the second layer. Add your peaches, avocado and blueberries. Then add chicken/tofu, pea shoots, sliced almonds, sunflower seeds, and edamame. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top.
8. Serve & enjoy!
The Refresh Bowl