The Outback Bowl
I created this bowl strictly based on my boyfriend’s favourite things. He loves anything that can be made on the BBQ, spice and steak.
This grain bowl reminds me of a warm summer evening spent with friends & a BBQ. If you love a smoke-y & savory flavour, I think you will love this dish just as much as he does!
I N G R E D I E N T S:
Black beans (salt-free)
Aged white cheddar cheese
Yellow & red bell pepper
Pure maple syrup
Apple cider vinegar
Pepper & pink salt
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. In a medium pot, add brown rice and water. Follow the 2:1 liquid to rice ratio. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to a medium/low and allow the rice to sit until the water is absorbed. It should take about 15-20 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spread out diced sweet potato on a lined cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Let the potato roast for 30 minutes. Flip them halfway to ensure they toast evenly. Remove & let cool.
4. Prepare steak based on your preference.
5. Cut up the red onion, bell peppers, and avocado.
6. Grate the aged cheddar.
7. If your corn and/or black beans are canned, rinse thoroughly and let dry.
6. Prepare the dressing: In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pure maple syrup, pink salt, garlic, allspice, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
7. Assemble the bowl: Add a layer of quinoa on the bottom to create the base. Add kale on top of the quinoa to create the second layer. Add your sliced peppers, avocado, and red onions. Then add the steak, sweet potato, corn, and black beans. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top & sprinkle desired amount of white cheddar cheese.
8. Serve & enjoy!