Let’s face it - we all crave a crunchy snack here and there. Not only do I love chickpeas raw, but I also love roasting them and flavouring them based on whatever I am in the mood for.
Chickpeas are so versatile that you can coat them in both spicy and sweet flavours. They bake nicely and make the perfect, protein filled snack to fuel your day.
I tend to make a large batch at once so I can bag them to have throughout the week.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
1 can of no-salt added chickpeas
1 - 2 tbsp of olive or coconut oil
A pinch of pink salt
2 tsp of desired spices: paprika, cinnamon, chili powder, curry powder, cumin, rosemary, thyme, etc.
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. Empty the can of chickpeas into a strainer, rinse and dry
2. Place the chickpeas into a mixing bowl and add the olive/coconut oil
3. Toss the chickpeas with the oil to get them coated evenly
4. Sprinkle spices/salt/pepper on top and toss the chickpeas around so they are coated
5. Heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C)
6. Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet & bake for 30-40 minutes or until brown crispy
T I P S: