One of the staple plants you will always find in my garden is basil. The leaves are so fragrant and delicious & make a delicious addition to many recipes.
Pesto is one of my favourite sauces because you can make it light and refreshing, avoiding excess amounts of oil and salt. It tastes great with pasta or on top of chicken breast.
Zucchini noodles are almost always prepped and prepared in my fridge. I love to eat them cold & mixed with a salad, or warm with cooked vegetables. It's a great, low-carb alternative to pasta. Plus, zucchinis are high in dietary fibre and vitamins & minerals.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
1 large zucchini (remove skin if they are not organic)
1 cup of basil leaves
green & white onion
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp of olive oil
pink salt & pepper
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. Using a spiral slicer or grater, create “noodles” out of your zucchini.
2. Boil until they are cooked but not too soft.
3. Set aside.
4. In a food processor, pulse the basil, garlic, salt & pepper until it forms a smooth consistency.
5. Drizzle in the olive oil as you pulse the mixture.
6. In a mixing bowl, coat the vegetables in the pesto or lay it on top of the vegetables on a plate.
T I P S:
Pesto Zucchini Noodles