Mixed Root Salad
I can remember the disgusted look my sister and I would give my mom when she would make beets as part of our dinner. That gut wrenching red vegetable drenched in vinegar. I would never eat it.
It is crazy how different my taste has changed and developed over the years. Things I would have never touched as a teenage have become staples in my diet.
This root salad integrated three of my favourite salad additions: beets, carrots & cabbage. Packed with vitamins and minerals, this salad is light and refreshing. It has a zesty yet mild flavour. The dill gives it a small punch. It makes a wonderful side dish that pairs nicely with chicken or fish.
I hope you enjoy & embrace my childhood ‘nightmare food’!
I N G R E D I E N T S:
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. Using a grater, shred the beets, carrots and cabbage and set aside in a mixing bowl
2. In a separate bowl, combine desired amount of lemon juice, olive oil, dill, pepper and pink salt
3. Coarsely chop up the spinach and parsley then add it to the shredded vegetables
4. Add desired amount of pumpkin and sunflower seeds to the mix
5. Mix all the ingredients together and chill for about 15 minutes
6. Serve cold