Maple & Cranberry Granola
When I woke up this morning and I saw snow falling, I thought I was dreaming. This “spring” weather looks more like Christmas than anything. In fact, we have more snow now here in Waterloo than we did on Christmas morning. What’s up with that?
With the bitter chill in the air, I thought there was no way I was going to leave my cozy apartment today. I love spending time cooking and preparing meals/snacks for my busy week, so it was the perfect opportunity to spend time in my kitchen.
I decided to make homemade maple and cranberry granola because the snowy weather made it feel like the holidays.
This granola is so yummy - a blend of sweet and spicy.
Granola is a great addition to so many things. I love to snack on it throughout the day, add it to my yogurt, on top of smoothies or smoothie bowls and sometimes even add it on top of salads.
Hope you are all staying warm & cozy today!
I N G R E D I E N T S:
2 cups of rolled oats (not quick, instant oats).
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
¼ cup of chia seeds
2 tablespoons of cinnamon
¼ cup of whole flax seeds (I used brown)
¼ cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut
¼ cup - ½ cup of pure maple syrup (vegan) or honey
1 cup of dried organic cranberries
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. In a mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, cinnamon chia seeds and maple syrup or honey
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread a thin layer.
3. Cook in the oven at 325 for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Let cool before removing from the tray.
5. Ad pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, coconut and cranberries.