Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
Nothing gets me into the holiday spirit more than baking. I love the flavours that coincide with Christmas! Peppermint is one of my favourite additions to dessert recipes.
On a cold night back in December, a close friend of mine, Alena, came over with a surprise. She found this delicious (and healthy) recipe while she was browsing some food blogs on the Internet. As she pulled out each ingredient, I was so excited to give it a try!
This dark chocolate peppermint bark practically melts in your mouth. The candy cane pieces we chopped up and added to the top provided an excellent crunch to the decadent dark chocolate.
Safe to say, the bark didn’t last long. It is absolutely divine.
This is perfect to create around the holidays because it is quick, easy & makes a great gift.
I N G R E D I E N T S:
1 cup of Cocoa powder (unsweetened) - I used fair trade Camino organic cocoa
¼ tsp of Peppermint extract
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1 tsp of Vanilla extract
1 cup of Coconut oil
2 or 3 tbsp of pure maple syrup
Coarsely chopped natural candy canes
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. Melt the Coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds, stirring after 15.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients until it is completely blended.
3. Pour the mixture into a pan lined with parchment paper.
4. Crush the candy canes and sprinkle on top of the mixture.
5. Place in the freezer for 20 - 30 minutes.
6. Once the bark has cooled and hardened, break apart into pieces.
T I P S: