Hello peeps! Who else loves chocolate as much as I do?
I am sure many of you have heard of the infamous “Proats”. Essentially, proats are oats mixed with protein powder. It makes for a delicious meal packed with whole grains and protein.
Proats are so versatile - you can make them into anything you like. Chocolate, vanilla, berry, mocha, the options are endless.
This particular recipe celebrates my favourite: cocoa.
Enjoy for breakfast, lunch or for dinner!
I N G R E D I E N T S:
1 cup of rolled oats.
1.5 cups of unsweetened almond or cashew milk.
A scoop of chocolate protein powder (I used Sunwarrior Vegan Chocolate).
1 tsp of raw, organic cocoa powder.
2 teaspoons of cacao nibs/goji berries.
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat up the almond or cashew milk.
2. Pour the hot milk into the bowl of dry oats.
3. Combine the oats, milk, protein powder, cocoa powder and chia seeds.
4. Add sliced banana on top.
5. Add any toppings - I enjoy cacao nibs & goji berries.
6. Spoonful of almond or peanut butter (optional).
Chocolate Protein Oats