Hi everyone! Hope you are all staying warm & cozy today. I am sitting here with my puppy, bundled up on our couch watching a blizzard cover the neighbourhood.
I thought posting this recipe today would be appropriate given the chill that is in the air.
I have a dire love for making my own recipes and experimenting with different flavours. Typically when I make a dish I don’t measure any ingredients. This tends to be problematic when people ask me for the recipe. Trust me - I am working on this!
I was feeling festive so I invited one of my girlfriends, Melissa, to come over and make a fall soup. We were excited to embrace our love of fall (and our “basic-ness”) and make a butternut squash creation. And let me just say, it is absolutely delicious.
I love making soup because you can make a large quantity and have it during the rest of the week. You can even freeze it in individual containers to store for longer. It doesn’t go stale or lose its flavour. It’s perfect - especially after a long day when you don’t feel like cooking dinner.
So here it is - I hope you all enjoy!
I N G R E D I E N T S:
Package of no salt added organic vegetable broth.
¾ of a butternut squash.
2 cups of chopped carrots.
1 red onion, chopped.
Minced garlic (I love garlic - I used 2 tbsp).
Mrs. Dash - herb and garlic seasoning (this seasoning is sodium-free).
D I R E C T I O N S:
1. In a heated pan, sauté your chopped onions in a mixture of garlic and olive oil.
2. Let the onions brown slightly and remove from heat.
3. In a large pot, boil the vegetable broth.
4. When the broth has boiled, add your diced butternut squash & carrots.
5. Once the vegetables have softened in the broth & the onions have cooked, get a blender.
6. Place everything in the blender (Carrots, squash, broth, and onion).
7. Blend until smooth.
8. Pour the soup back into the large pot & add in your desired amount of rosemary and dash seasoning.
9. Add salt & pepper to taste.
10. Garnish with either a sprinkle of rosemary or parsley & voila!
T I P S:
SQUASHED it ...